Melvin and Daniel talk about Invincible, the crazy popular and occasionally ultra-violent animated superhero show on Amazon Prime.
- Why we’re talking about Invincible despite the fact we were planning to talk about Bo Burnham: Inside
- Introducing Invincible [7:41]
- Baseline, non-spoilery reasons why Melvin and Daniel found Invincible so compelling
- Invincible masterfully employs a brilliant hook to create pervasive suspense
- Open, total-spoiler reasons why Invincible is so compelling
- Each character and plotline are deeply rich and highly engaging
- Amber, Mark’s girlfriend, is written really well and doesn’t get the usual “hero-girlfriend” treatment
- Daniel, “…one of the best season finales of any show I’ve ever watched…”
- How Invincible causes us to ponder the value of humanity in spite of humanity
- A strong resolution with exciting implications for Season 2!
- By the way: Humanity does have inherent value imbued by God
- William MacDonald’s Believer’s Bible Commentary
- Rebecca McLaughlin’s “10 Questions Every Teen Should Ask (and Answer) About Christianity”
- Go to the Gym (boost those Serotonin levels!)
Invincible is Rated TV-MA. It features Steven Yeun, J.K. Simmons, Sandra Oh, Zazie Beetz, Grey Griffin, Kevin Michael Richardson, Walton Goggins, Gillian Jacobs, Zachary Quinto, Andrew Rannells, Chris Diamantopoulos, Jason Mantzoukas, Khary Payton, Milese, Clancy Brown, and Mark Hammill. Created by Robert Kirkman, Ryan Ottley, and Cory Walker. Invincible is available on Amazon Prime.
Consider supporting Cinematic Doctrine on Patreon! As a bonus, you’ll gain access to a once-a-month movie poll where you decide a movie we discuss on the podcast, as well as early unedited episodes of the podcast!!
Melvin Benson is the Founder, Editor-In-Chief, and Lead Host of Cinematic Doctrine. He’s written fiction and nonfiction for over a decade with short stories featured on the Creepypasta Wiki and Wattpad. His novelette Ethereal Temptation, a teen drama with a tinge of magical-realism, can be read for free here. His hope is to see King Jesus glorified as far as the east is from the west!