In this episode, Melvin and Daniel talk about the first Phase Four property from the MCU, WandaVision, and how grief maintains the through line of the show.
- Melvin got sunburn in the shade
- Introducing WandaVision
- How Daniel watched a ton of TVLand and was prepared for WandaVision
- WandaVision is a genuinely risky Disney Marvel project
- How Melvin loved the melancholy tone and metatextual content within WandaVision
- The Evan Peters fan theory/controversy and the disparity between creator intention and fan expectation
- Is entertainment media always required to depict justice and accountability?
- Creating our own unrealities because they’re often “easier” to live in than reality
- Philip Ryken’s Galatians Reformed Expository Commentary
- Requiem for a Paper Bag
- “Is A.I. the Problem? Or Are We?” – The Ezra Klein Show
WandaVision is Rated TV-PG. It features Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany, Kathryn Hahn, Teyonah Parris, Josh Stamberg, Randall Park, and Kat Dennings. Created by Jac Schaeffer. WandaVision is available on Disney Plus.
Consider supporting Cinematic Doctrine on Patreon! As a bonus, you’ll gain access to a once-a-month movie poll where you decide a movie we discuss on the podcast!
Melvin Benson is the Founder, Editor-In-Chief, and Lead Host of Cinematic Doctrine. He’s written fiction and nonfiction for over a decade with short stories featured on the Creepypasta Wiki and Wattpad. His novelette Ethereal Temptation, a teen drama with a tinge of magical-realism, can be read for free here. His hope is to see King Jesus glorified as far as the east is from the west!