Don’t see Morbius. It’s pretty boring. Tune into our episode instead! Did we mention its shorter than the runtime?
- Melvin explains his theory about why the trailers contain a plethora of Spider-Man easter eggs that aren’t in the movie.
- Daniel explains some history behind the making of Morbius, and how the character has been trying to get off the ground for years.
- Daniel, “Is this the worst comic book film you’ve ever seen?”
- Morbius may be a vampire, but this movie really doesn’t have a lot of “vampire things” in it.
- Talking about the end credit scenes, and how they’re bafflingly ridiculous.
- After some solid reflection… there’s no reason to ever watch Morbius.
- Melvin tells you about other movies in theaters worth watching instead of Morbius.
- Melvin also checks out other Sony productions to see if there have been any good releases since Once Upon a Time in… Hollywood that aren’t also Marvel films.
Morbius is Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence, some frightening images, and brief strong language. It features Jared Leto, Matt Smith, Adria Arjona, Jared Harris, Tyrese Gibson, Al Madrigal, and Michael Keaton. Directed by Daniel Espinosa. Morbius is currently in theaters.
Consider supporting Cinematic Doctrine on Patreon! As a bonus, you’ll gain access to a once-a-month movie poll where you decide a movie we discuss on the podcast, as well as early unedited episodes of the podcast!!
Melvin Benson is the Founder, Editor-In-Chief, and Lead Host of Cinematic Doctrine. He’s written fiction and nonfiction for over a decade with short stories featured on the Creepypasta Wiki and Wattpad. His novelette Ethereal Temptation, a teen drama with a tinge of magical-realism, can be read for free here. His hope is to see King Jesus glorified as far as the east is from the west!