This TV-Show was selected by our Patreon Supporters over at the Cinematic Doctrine Patreon. Support as little as $3 a month and have your voice heard!
Melvin & Dan put on some no-slips and get to work talking about The Bear! Corner!
- (PATREON EXCLUSIVE) 37-minutes of various topics: She-Hulk Episode 1 Twitter response, Warner Bros. can only afford to release two movies this year, and that nonsensical MoviePass revival (PATREON EXCLUSIVE)
- The Bear is mercifully efficient and accurately represents kitchen work.
- Melvin feels The Bear‘s realistic depiction of work-space experience and people relationships might actually so relatable that it becomes difficult to watch.
- Daniel has worked with coworkers just like some of the characters in The Bear.
- Melvin has an affinity and yearning for structure, so seeing a healthy and positive depiction of work and hierarchy in The Bear is greatly appreciated.
- Melvin jokingly says, “This is the most loving show I’ve seen… and I’ve seen The Chosen!” which heads into a retrospective on how Melvin & Dan have grown less fond of The Chosen since reviewing it in 2021.
- Talking about what makes Richard such a great, compelling character.
- The Bear has a really understated and kind way of depicting redemption and change, two things that require strong perseverance.
- Melvin kept thinking of both a Biblical and Cultural Christian perspective of The Bear‘s depiction of relationship strife and reconciliation, and how a Biblical approach to these issues will likely look different than a cultural Christian one.
- ESV Student Study Bible
- Joe Pera Talks With You (Show)
- Only Murders in the Building (again) (Show)
The Bear is Rated TV-MA. It features Jeremy Allen White, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Ayo Edebiri, Lionel Boyce, Liza Colón-Zayas, Edwin Lee Gibson, Jose M. Cervantes, Abby Elliot, and Matty Matheson. Created by Christopher Storer. The Bear is available on Hulu.
Consider supporting Cinematic Doctrine on Patreon! As a bonus, you’ll gain access to a once-a-month movie poll where you decide a movie we discuss on the podcast, as well as early unedited episodes of the podcast!!
Melvin Benson is the Founder, Editor-In-Chief, and Lead Host of Cinematic Doctrine. He’s written fiction and nonfiction for over a decade with short stories featured on the Creepypasta Wiki and Wattpad. His novelette Ethereal Temptation, a teen drama with a tinge of magical-realism, can be read for free here. His hope is to see King Jesus glorified as far as the east is from the west!
Cinematic Doctrine is available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and other major podcast apps.