Daniel’s been thinking too much about streaming services and spends 15 minutes ruminating on what worries him the most, and then the two discuss The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and its complex metaphorical stand-ins. Also, they complain about the last episode because everyone has complained about the last episode.
- Daniel’s existential dread over streaming services…
- …but Melvin feels VUDU solves that existentialism.
- Melvin, “What’s your fear, then? Like, what’s your fear [about streaming services]?”
- Introducing The Falcon and the Winter Soldier [17:19]
- Daniel, “I love the character of John Walker.”
- Melvin, amidst mocking laughter, “Let’s talk about the ending!”
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is Rated TV-14. It features Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Wyatt Russel, Erin Kellyman, Desmond Chiam, Adepero Oduye, Daniel Brühl, and Emily VanCamp. Created by Malcolm Spellman. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is available on Disney Plus.
Consider supporting Cinematic Doctrine on Patreon! As a bonus, you’ll gain access to a once-a-month movie poll where you decide a movie we discuss on the podcast, as well as early unedited episodes of the podcast!!
Melvin Benson is the Founder, Editor-In-Chief, and Lead Host of Cinematic Doctrine. He’s written fiction and nonfiction for over a decade with short stories featured on the Creepypasta Wiki and Wattpad. His novelette Ethereal Temptation, a teen drama with a tinge of magical-realism, can be read for free here. His hope is to see King Jesus glorified as far as the east is from the west!
Cinematic Doctrine is available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and other major podcast apps.