Melvin & Dan discuss yet another Marvel property, because I guess that’s what the Film & TV industry is now.
- The comic history behind What If…?
- How the animation, and that first episode, are kinda terrible.
- How What If…? permits more risk with Marvel characters and concepts, especially with episode 3 onward.
- Melvin loves the trope of a character who observes but cannot interact (or, should not).
- Will certain episodes get sequels? Like, will we see Zombie Thanos fight our heros?
- Daniel wasn’t sure he liked that What If…? went from a fun episodic “fan-fiction” style show into a typical epic superhero project at the end.
- Talking about which actors they brought back and which they didn’t.
- What If…? exceeded expectations, but it wasn’t like there were many to begin with.
- Speculating on what may happen in later seasons.
- James Montgomery Boice’s “The Boice Commentary Series: Philippians“
- Dance of the Dead (Movie)
- Over the Garden Wall (Mini-Series)
What If…? is Rated TV-14. It features Jeffrey Wright,, Matthew Wood, Terri Douglas, Robin Atkin Downes, Fred Tatasciore, Samuel L. Jackson, Chadwick Boseman, Mick Wingert, Lake Bell, Jeremy Renner, Benedict Cumberbatch, Frank Grillo, Mark Ruffalo, Michael B. Jordan, and Chris Hemsworth. Directed by Bryan Andrews. What If…? is available on Disney Plus.
Consider supporting Cinematic Doctrine on Patreon! As a bonus, you’ll gain access to a once-a-month movie poll where you decide a movie we discuss on the podcast, as well as early unedited episodes of the podcast!!
Melvin Benson is the Founder, Editor-In-Chief, and Lead Host of Cinematic Doctrine. He’s written fiction and nonfiction for over a decade with short stories featured on the Creepypasta Wiki and Wattpad. His novelette Ethereal Temptation, a teen drama with a tinge of magical-realism, can be read for free here. His hope is to see King Jesus glorified as far as the east is from the west!