Melvin and Dan dive into that new Marvel thing featuring Oscar Isaac and Oscar Isaac and also Oscar Isaac. Wow!
- (PATREON EXCLUSIVE) 30-minutes talking about Netflix stock, loss of subscribers, and reasons behind Netflix’s currently poor situation. (PATREON EXCLUSIVE)
- For Daniel, the current baseline of Marvel content is that it’s not that great, but it’s also not necessarily bad, either.
- Discussing a bit of Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson’s previous science-fiction work, and their “kitchen sink” approach to filmmaking.
- Daniel, “If this wasn’t in the MCU, like, would they be allowed to be more violent? Would they be allowed to be weirder and more experimental?”
- Most members involved in Moon Knight have previously shared a disinterest the MCU, but something about the Moon Knight project grabbed their attention.
- Oscar Isaac’s performance as two different characters functions so incredibly well that it never distracts you away from the drama.
- Discussing the various spoilers of the show, and how a lot of what makes the show cool is used later in the show.
- These various Marvel Limited Series’ come across like Phase Two in-that they feel very committee, even if they are far better than most of the Phase Two films.
- Melvin and Dan discuss themes of atonement and justice throughout both Moon Knight, but Scripture as well.
Moon Knight is Rated TV-14. It features Oscar Isaac, Ethan Hawke, May Calamawy, and F. Muray Abraham. Directed by Mohamed Diab, Justin Benson, and Aaron Moorhead. Moon Knight is available on Disney Plus.
Consider supporting Cinematic Doctrine on Patreon! As a bonus, you’ll gain access to a once-a-month movie poll where you decide a movie we discuss on the podcast, as well as early unedited episodes of the podcast!!
Melvin Benson is the Founder, Editor-In-Chief, and Lead Host of Cinematic Doctrine. He’s written fiction and nonfiction for over a decade with short stories featured on the Creepypasta Wiki and Wattpad. His novelette Ethereal Temptation, a teen drama with a tinge of magical-realism, can be read for free here. His hope is to see King Jesus glorified as far as the east is from the west!