This movie was selected by our Patreon Supporters over at the Cinematic Doctrine Patreon. Support as little as $3 a month and have your voice heard!
In this episode you’ll hear us discuss one of the single-most bizarre stories to come from the documentary world. Journalist David Farrier stumbles upon the strange world of Competitive Endurance Tickling. What ensues is a long-stretching borderline “true-crime” drama of Jane O’brien Media.
- (PATREON EXCLUSIVE) 48-minutes talking about the latest Vince McMahon controversies, plus other oddities of his personality. (PATREON EXCLUSIVE)
- This month’s curated Patreon Poll was built around “shocking movies”. The idea being movies that are contextually shocking, not necessarily filled with shocking material.
- Tickled, as an experience, triggers everything: disgust, surprise, laughter, mockery, heartbreak, excitement, intrigue. It’s the full package.
- Detailing caveats to engaging this movie, because there’s no getting around it; the tickling is fetishistic.
- Beginning the long, twisted adventure of explaining Tickled from start to finish.
- Competitive Endurance Tickling… except they never explain how to win?
- How much would they have to pay Melvin to do one of these videos?
- Detailing how Jane O’Brien Media manipulated and harassed talent that merely said ‘no’.
- Discussing the cultural strangeness of the West which dictates that men cannot be physical by any means without putting their sexuality in question, despite it being typical in other countries for comfortably heterosexual men to hold hands or be physically closer to one another.
- Getting into the subsequent 20-minute short-doc The Tickle King which details continued interventions from Jane O’Brien Media during the events of Tickled’s festival and limited theater run, including a damning final confrontation.
- The final tragic nail in the coffin of the Tickled saga.
- Discussing the potential availabilities of certain sexual fetishes, regarding they adhere appropriately to biblical sexuality (basking in one another’s beauty, other-oriented satisfactory experiences, and honoring each other’s image-bearing nature).
- The Wolfpack (Documentary)
- Welcome to Leith (Documentary)
- The Drama of Scripture, Second Edition
Tickled is Rated R for language. It features David Farrier and Dylan Reeve. Directed by David Farrier and Dylan Reeve. Tickled is available on HBOmax.
Consider supporting Cinematic Doctrine on Patreon! As a bonus, you’ll gain access to a once-a-month movie poll where you decide a movie we discuss on the podcast, as well as early unedited episodes of the podcast!!
Melvin Benson is the Founder, Editor-In-Chief, and Lead Host of Cinematic Doctrine. He’s written fiction and nonfiction for over a decade with short stories featured on the Creepypasta Wiki and Wattpad. His novelette Ethereal Temptation, a teen drama with a tinge of magical-realism, can be read for free here. His hope is to see King Jesus glorified as far as the east is from the west!
Cinematic Doctrine is available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and other major podcast apps.